Thursday 6 November 2014

The perils of being one handed yet again!

Last night as well as preparing a chicken liver terrine, I made some strawberry jam,as there was half a punnet left from when my granddaughter stayed the night. 
250 Grammes of strawberries, the same of preserving sugar ,and the juice of half a lemon. Boiled the fruit up,it set well, and potted it . This morning I was  tightening the lid of the jar, when it slipped from my grasp, and  onto the floor, covering my shoe and halfway up my trouser leg. Of course most of it went onto the floor,so I have very little to show for all that effort.
 Luckily it didn't break,as broken glass and sticky jam would have been dreadful to clear up.
One of the many times that  I curse having had a stroke which  has left me with only one workable hand. 
Chicken liver terrine is now cooking. Will take a photo and give the recipe later.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm currently a product design student and I'm looking to design a product for one-handed food prep. I came across your blog as I was doing research and I thought you could be lots of help! I wanted to get some user feedback and see if the areas I'm looking into were completely valid as well as see what you thought of the ideas I had currently. Let me know if this is something you're interested in helping me out with.
    Thanks,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Nikki, yes I should love to help you,as I am always trying new ways of doing things in the kitchen. How can we make this happen?

      Delete
    2. I'm going to leave you with my e-mail so we can e-mail back and fourth with each other and then I can give you my suggestions to make this successful! please e-mail me at: nrybacek@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Nikki, you are in the States, while I am here in the UK!

      Delete